Saturday, September 3, 2011

California Here I come

I am (almost) on my way to good ol' California for a ten day sojourn.  I will be starting in Monterey, where I will be an assistant to my friend Sue Lyon.  She is one of the artists teaching and presenting at American Artist Magazine's Weekend with the Masters event.  I then will travel south to Laguna Beach to visit friends and my alma mater, Laguna College of Art and Design, to give an Artist Lecture on my own work.

Susan Lyon, Figure Sketch, oil on vellum

Susan Lyon will first be giving a presentation of her work on Wednesday afternoon as well as teaching two classes in Monterey.  On Thursday she will be teaching "Portrait Drawing" and then on Friday she will be teaching "Painting Short Figure Poses".  You can view some examples of Sue's most recent figure painting studies on vellum on her blog by clicking here

If you are in Southern California, please join me at Laguna College of Art and Design on Tuesday, September 13th at 4:30 on the main campus in Studio 1 for a presentation of my work.  I hope to see you there.  More information can be found here

Laguna College of Art & Design
2222 Laguna Canyon Rd.
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
www.lcad.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment