Wednesday, October 13, 2010

People You May Know

(my painting Public Restroom pictured bottom left)

People You May Know a contemporary portraiture exhibition at the Durham Arts Council opens THIS Friday October 15th from 5 - 7pm in the DAC's Allenton and Seamans Galleries.  The exhibition will continue thru January 9, 2011.  Artists included in this exhibition are Daniel Allegrucci, Dave Alsobrooks, Maria Brubeck, Jacob Cooley, Alia El-Bermani, Titus Heagins, Dipika Kohli, Beverly McIver and Marianita Stevans.  

This exhibit has all ready gotten much attention from the press.  Here is an article that was featured in last weeks Durham News that pictured one of my paintings.  And here is another article that hit the paper today that includes several quotes from an interview of me on my work and the state of portraiture.  There are several other articles expected as well as a film crew on site at the opening reception.  It should be a fun night.  I hope you can join me.

If you care to read a previous post about this exhibition you can find that here
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment