Monday, November 23, 2009

Nest


Nest
oil on panel
8" x 8"

I've worked on this itty painting now for 7 sessions of about 3-4 hours a piece and it is nearly complete. There are just a few little areas I'd like to work on a bit more before I can call this one 'done'. It's been such a joy to paint this beautiful nest and broken egg. I've loved having them set up in my studio, protecting them from visitors and a studio cat. It will be sad to put these on a shelf, out of their singular light...

I hope to make another progress video from the still shots I've taken of this painting's progression. At the very least, I will share with you the individual progress shots, but for now, I must get ready for our upcoming holiday. For those of you that celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving. I have much to be thankful for this year, and your support is one such thing. I so appreciate all the kind comments and silent viewers that come to share in my studio experiences and art related ramblings.

Thank you!

see related post

4 comments:

  1. This is such a nice painting...so delicate and ethereal. A single object can be so poignant.
    cynthia sitton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, your words are so touching. Thank you so much.

    And Amber and Eleanor, I'm so glad you like it. (can I say "I do too"?) :)

    ReplyDelete