Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Layered Drawing

So I found out today that my layered drawing 'Colin' got into a show called "PULP" at the Visual Art Exchange Gallery in Raleigh. This show was juried by Nicole Welch, Curator at the Contemporary Art Museum in Raleigh. The opening is this Friday night March 6th 6-9pm and runs through the 26th. Come out and enjoy some nice works on paper.

I should note that this is two separate drawings that are presented layered one on top of another. The bottom layer seems quite ghosted through the top sheet of vellum, but look closely and you'll see the heart has been rendered using sanguine, which gives this piece some nice color that I haven't explored before in my previous layered drawings.

Colin
charcoal and sanguine on layered vellum
20" x 30" ish

1 comment:

  1. and now... they want to give me $. hee hee. I had no idea there even was a prize, so that's just a fun bonus! I'll find out more details at the opening reception.

    ReplyDelete